|By Glenn Rossman||
|July 8, 2010 12:20 PM EDT||
On Thursday Open-Xchange and Scality announced that they have partnered to provide large web hosters, ISPs and telcos with massively-scalable e-mail and cloud storage.
"With large files and rich content distributed by e-mail, the demand for cheap, reliable and flexible mail storage is growing dramatically," said Philbert Shih, senior analyst at Tier1 Research.
Scality provides solutions for the exponential storage demands of the world's largest e-mail and Internet service providers. Scality's RING storage technology is massively scalable object-storage software designed specifically for e-mail storage at service providers and large enterprises. Scality customers include Intergenia, ScaleUp, Dunkel and Host Europe.
"Scalable and reliable storage is one of the most pressing IT infrastructure problems Internet and SaaS providers have to face," said Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange. "In close cooperation with Scality, we managed to clear the way for future growth of hosted e-mail and groupware. This partnership is another valuable asset we can offer to our SaaS customers."
"Scality's goal is to empower every leading e-mail platform with the performance, ease of use and cost reduction of its storage technology. We are thrilled to now have a tight integration with Open-Xchange which is one of the most successful platforms for hosting providers offering business-class e-mail," said Jerome Lecat, CEO of Scality.
Open-Xchange is used by more than 15 million users worldwide as hosted and on-premises business-class e-mail and groupware. SaaS partners include 1&1 Internet - the #1 hosting company worldwide, Network Solutions - the #3 hosting company in the U.S., Versatel (Germany), Dotster (U. S.) and Hostpoint - the #1 hosting company in Switzerland.
- Zimory Enhances Cloud Computing Administration and Automation
- How To Avoid Lightning Strikes on the Cloud
- Zimory Public Cloud
- Latest Ubuntu 10.10 Server Edition Makes Cloud Deployment Easier than Ever
- Zimory Enterprise Cloud Overview
- Versatel Offers Webmail Solution from Open-Xchange
- Beta Availability for Mirage Distributed Desktop Virtualization Software
- Open-Xchange and Scality Partner
- Convirture Collaborates with Eucalyptus Systems for Private Clouds
- Virtualization Start-up Wanova Launches with $13M A Round