|By Glenn Rossman||
|October 29, 2013 11:02 AM EDT||
SAN MATEO, Calif. - Convirture announces a free webinar on Thursday, November 14, 2013, that will show how to manage VMware and Amazon infrastructure from a single platform, and deliver responsive new hybrid-cloud services.
“Often we encounter situations where enterprise IT organizations have invested in data centers using VMware, then discover that their business units have independently adopted Amazon EC2,” said Arsalan Farooq, CEO of Convirture. “These loosely managed – and sometimes unmanaged – AWS resources outside of IT sometimes lead to financial surprises or security issues. Rather than fight this approach, we feel there is an opportunity to bring these best-of-breed platforms together to offer hybrid cloud services that deliver new capabilities.”
The webinar will cover:
- Managing VMware and Amazon infrastructure with a single unified management application;
- Converting VMware virtual servers into a private cloud, with full support for self-service, quota management and multi-tenancy;
- Enforcing user and quota management for Amazon accounts;
- Provisioning self-service “Virtual Data Centers” from a combination of VMware and Amazon EC2 resources.
Webinar: Building Your Hybrid Cloud with VMware and Amazon EC2
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2013
Time: 2 pm Eastern time / 11 am Pacific time
More information and registration is available at www.convirture.com/webinars/webinar_hybrid.php.
Convirture products help organizations effectively manage open source and proprietary virtualization, as well as cloud platforms. Its ConVirt data center management solution provides virtualization and cloud orchestration and automation capabilities. Convirture is helping organizations realize the “software defined infrastructure,” which enables IT managers to create data centers with keystrokes and mouse clicks. More information is available at www.convirture.com.
- Zimory Enhances Cloud Computing Administration and Automation
- How To Avoid Lightning Strikes on the Cloud
- Zimory Public Cloud
- Latest Ubuntu 10.10 Server Edition Makes Cloud Deployment Easier than Ever
- Zimory Enterprise Cloud Overview
- Versatel Offers Webmail Solution from Open-Xchange
- Beta Availability for Mirage Distributed Desktop Virtualization Software
- Open-Xchange and Scality Partner
- Convirture Collaborates with Eucalyptus Systems for Private Clouds
- Virtualization Start-up Wanova Launches with $13M A Round