|By Glenn Rossman||
|April 28, 2009 10:28 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Nevada - April 28, 2009 - Opalis Software Inc., the market leader in IT Process Automation software, announces that Opalis will deliver new offerings for System Center to enable dynamic data center capabilities through the automation of IT operations. The Opalis offerings include a set of solutions for Virtual Service Management, Incident Response and Cloud Computing.
* Automation and orchestration for Microsoft delivered private and hosted cloud environments
* Virtual lifecycle management to standardize, automate, and control virtual servers
* Power management to control energy consumption
* Automated incident response for improved MTTR
* Application and service provisioning to deliver on-demand business services
* Seamless integration across physical, virtual and cloud environments
This partnership provides an integrated solution to orchestrate Microsoft System Center technologies and automate best practices for infrastructure management. Opalis is seamlessly integrated with System Center Operations Manager 2007 and System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 consoles. This enables users to dynamically respond to failure scenarios or poorly configured components in the environment. The ability to automate IT operations across the physical, virtual and cloud computing environments enables IT organizations to maximize resources and achieve greater agility, while leveraging existing tools and skills.
"Customers are demanding end to end closed loop orchestration of their physical and virtual environments. With this announcement, Opalis delivers Microsoft customers the automation fabric to accelerate the adoption of both virtualization and cloud computing within the data center" says Yale Tankus, SVP Marketing and Business Development, Opalis. "Our offering will provide Microsoft customers with the integrated ease of use and quick time to value they have come to expect," continued Tankus.
Opalis Virtual Service Management (VSM)
The Virtual Service Management Solution from Opalis will be available as a fully integrated component with Microsoft's Virtual Machine Manager. The VSM solution will provide virtual lifecycle management with the ability to automate approval, provisioning, tear down, back up, and restore for virtual servers. The solution will also enable users to dynamically power up or power down underlying physical servers based on business need.
Using System Center Virtual Machine Manager and Opalis customers are able to apply automated IT operations across their entire virtualized environment regardless of the platform they are using. The Virtual Service Management Solution delivers the following key features for Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager and VMware Vsphere:
* Self service provisioning, de-commissioning, back up and restore of virtual machines
* Intelligent power management for servers
* Integration with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager and Operations Manager
"IT process automation is being used to enable IT organizations to reduce the complexity and costs and increase agility and efficiencies for virtual infrastructures", said David Williams, research VP IT Operations Management, Gartner. "Mature IT operations process automation products provide a dynamic capability by orchestrating the IT infrastructure, including operating systems, IT operations management tools in support of applications and IT service needs. This is a major step towards enabling the real-time infrastructure" continued Williams.
Automated Incident Response
Opalis integrates directly with the System Center Operations Manager console and provides users with a rich set of ITIL compliant actions that triage, diagnose and remediate problems. During each step of incident handling, the Operations Manager alert is updated with results, giving operators the insight they need to repair problems. Automating incident response enforces compliance with best practices, eliminates human error and can improve MTTR (mean time to repair) by 90%.
Opalis for Microsoft Delivered Private and Hosted Cloud Computing Environments Opalis automates and orchestrates Microsoft System Center tools and
Microsoft business applications to provide services on-demand. This enables users to move resources intelligently and seamlessly between
private and hosted environments quickly, while adhering to best practices that enforce change and compliance.
Capabilities of the solution include:
* Cloud bursting - Scale capacity up or down based on dynamic events
* Disaster recovery - Automatically failover to cloud resources and avoid service interruption
* Seamlessly move servers and applications between private and hosted environments
These solutions will be generally available in the third quarter of 2009.
"Microsoft System Center delivers enterprise management capabilities across the physical and virtual datacenter to help customers drive down cost and optimize their infrastructure," said Ryan O'Hara - Director, System Center Product Management, Microsoft. "Through the extensions that Opalis delivers for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, customers can experience benefits such as process automation and improved orchestration to further reduce complexity and improve
Where to Learn More
Opalis will be demonstrating at the Microsoft Management Summit in
About Opalis Software Inc.
Opalis Software Inc. is the market leader in IT process automation software with some of the largest customers in the world, including VMware, Accenture, Fujitsu Services, Computacenter, ING Bank, Rohm and Haas,
- Zimory Enhances Cloud Computing Administration and Automation
- How To Avoid Lightning Strikes on the Cloud
- Zimory Public Cloud
- Latest Ubuntu 10.10 Server Edition Makes Cloud Deployment Easier than Ever
- Zimory Enterprise Cloud Overview
- Versatel Offers Webmail Solution from Open-Xchange
- Beta Availability for Mirage Distributed Desktop Virtualization Software
- Open-Xchange and Scality Partner
- Convirture Collaborates with Eucalyptus Systems for Private Clouds
- Virtualization Start-up Wanova Launches with $13M A Round